terça-feira, 24 de março de 2009

The Crossed Fingers


"The Crossed fingers is one of the few gestures that skip a phase in every human’s life. It’s cool to cross your fingers for good luck in grade school. You know, fingers crossed on both hands, eyes clenched shut muttering “Come on, come on, come on!” Then it kind of dies off in high school through college and makes a come back post undergrad. The Crossed Fingers’ best use has always been to suggest that what you are saying is in fact the opposite of what you mean. Example: I cross my fingers and say, “Monkeys, Midgets, Pirates or Ninjas will not improve any situation!” Most notably the crossed fingers grant pardons to the obvious lie of “Yeah sure I’ll tap your head/tell you when I’m gonna go.” I swear it does…try it out for yourself."

este, veio daqui.


Sem comentários: